See a list of abbreviations used in this
list. See also our listing of current ecclesial jurisdictions.
Constantinople (Latin Patriarchate from now, de facto established by the Pope through Venice) - (Latin Empire of Constantinople) Turkey
Constantinople (AV, supplanting the Latin Patriarchal Vicars / suffragan Bishops) - (Ottoman Empire) Turkey
Aleppo (AV, detached from Constantinople AV) - (Ottoman Empire) Syria, Lebanon, etc.
Syria, Egypt, Arabia and Cyprus (AV, new name, previously Aleppo AV; see in Beirut) - (Ottoman Empire) Syria, Lebanon, Cyprus, Egypt, Sudan, Arabian Peninsula
Egypt and Arabia (AV, detached from detached from the AV of Syria, Egypt, Arabia and Cyprus) - Egypt, Sudan, Abyssinia, Arabian Peninsula
- Abyssinia [Lat.] (AP, detached from Vicariate Apostolic of Syria, Egypt, Arabia and Cyprus) - (Abyssinia) Ethiopia, Eritrea
- Galla [Lat.] (AV, detached from AP Abyssinia) - Ethiopia
(1851 - Arabia transferred from AV Egypt and Arabia, to AV Galla)
- Aden (AP, detached from AV Galla) - Arabian Peninsula
- Aden (abolished, reattached to Galla) - (Abyssinia) Ethiopia
- Aden (AV, and reerected, re-detached from AV Galla) - Arabian Peninsula
- Arabia (AV, new name, previously Aden) - Arabian Peninsula
- Kuwait (AP, detached from AV Arabia) - Kuwait
- Kuwait (AV) - Kuwait